Best 5 Nursing Schools In Alaska And Why
Alaska provides nursing programs to aspiring students of the profession. The following are the best five nursing schools in Alaska where you can enroll for nursing degree programs-
- University Alaska School Of Nursing – The largest nursing school in Alaska is The University Of Alaska Anchorage. It is located in the state and has a student count of about 16,500. There are 14,000 students who attend classes at the primary campus of the school that is located in Anchorage. The UAA is divided into 6 teaching units that are located in the Anchorage campus and they are the colleges of Art and Sciences, Education, Health and Social Welfare, Business and Public Policy, The School of Engineering and The Community and Technical College. There are four community campuses with the objective of administration and they are The Matanuska-Susita College, The Kenai Peninsula College, The Kodiak College and the Prince William Sound Community College. The UAA also provides graduate school degrees both Masters and Doctorates.
- The Alaska Institute Of Technology – The major mission of the Alaska Institute Of Technology is to train compassionate and skilled certified nursing assistants so that they are able to get employment in a number of medical and healthcare units in the long run. This Institute is one of the best known and popular nursing schools in the state of Alaska.
- University of Phoenix – This school is one of the leaders in nursing in Alaska. It is an innovative school in the provision of nursing education. It also helps working nurses enhance their personal and professional goals. This helps in improving health care facilities, delivery and the outcome of patients. The school offers LPN/LVN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs. There are RN and Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs that are available to the nursing students. The programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education or the CCNE. The programs are taught by around 800 faculty members and they are licensed nurses who are working health care professionals. They tend to bring in their own job experiences into the classroom so that the student can benefit and gather real life exposure.
- Walden University – The School of Nursing at Walden University provides confidence to the students to make a difference in patient care. The programs are very student-centric and they are oriented to make you thrive in the healthcare and the medical industry. There are Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctorate programs that are available to the student. The curriculum of the University is very comprehensive and it provides you with the elaborate skills that are needed for becoming a nursing professional successfully.
- The Chamberlain School Of Nursing – This University provides students with an online program that is a flexible one. It allows the nurses to enhance further in their careers by earning a BSN degree in just a span of 12 months. This college is one that provides the flexibility of online training along with local on site training units for the convenience of the student.
Most Related Articles:
1). Nursing scholarships in Alaska