There has been a remarkable shift in the gender balance as well as interchange of professions as we could see many males entering into various female dominated professional fields. The best example is males aspiring in join the nursing profession. There are many wannabe male nurses who want to crack the basic interview for a male nurse profile.
However there are various cases seen where a man gets confused and fails to answer correctly to the questions asked in an interview. There are several important things asked before hiring a male nurse. Any interview for nurse will primarily include the basic question about a person’s personal background and then there might be questions regarding the specific work field. It is very much obvious that you get nervous or cautious sitting next to an interview panel, so here are few tips which might help you to crack a nurse interview:
- The very basic tip you should remember is to make an early arrival, as this would always mark a good impression. Not too early, about 15 minutes prior to your interview.
- Make sure that you are well dressed for your interview with neat ironed clothes and be comfortable enough.
- Do not forget to decorate a simple smile on your face and ensure having a firm handshake whenever you are greeting a person.
- Maintain proper eye contact and body language as this will help creating good impression in the other person’s mind sitting opposite to you.
- Always search on Google or Yahoo about the company that will interview you a day before interview. It is a good practice to learn what kind of company you are going to deal, what is their history, what values do they have.
- Always try to be prepared for the questions anticipated, by doing a little research about job specific questions and also the basic one like – why you want to join nursing field, what qualities you will bring to company if hired, what are your future goals.
- Just be yourself, not too friendly though. Maintain the sincerity.
Now you are ready. Take a deep breath and do your magic. 😉