Foreign trained and registered nurses are in high demand throughout the world especially in Canada and United States. Due to shortage of nurses in America, healthcare recruiters are looking for foreign trained nurses to overcome their staffing problem and they are providing foreign trained nurses with a lot of benefits.
Jobs for Foreign Trained Nurses in US:
- There are various job opportunities for foreign trained nurses in US. If you are a foreign trained nurse and you have green card and experience of working at care facilities in United States, then you can also apply for quick start assignments along with nursing choice. As time is required for many assignments, so you have to live in United States.
- If you are a Canadian and you have TN visa then you can work on high demand assignments throughout US.
If you work with Nurse Choice healthcare Company, you will get following facilities
- Private, free and quality house will be provided.
- You will be awarded with completion bonuses.
- You will be able to earn more than $9000 in one month.
- You will face only 48 to 60 working hours per week.
- There will be flexible length of travel assignment.
- You will be provided with an experienced and knowledgeable service team.
Language barriers in nursing:
Communication is an important factor of progress. Nurses need to get, interpret, make decision from multiple choices and then evaluate daily because they play a key role in implementing patient care. While doing work, they have to coordinate and optimize in order to undergo the patient care.
Learning the language:
- To overcome inconsistency and multiple interpretations, it requires a common language for writing and speaking. Many experts suggest that assessing language and communication needs to serve population is the first step in addressing communication barriers in healthcare organizations.
- Beside this, picture boards and low tech tools are available that provide help in facilitating the communication.
- Trained interpreters and translators are also very helpful that are used to convert the language.
How to overcome language barriers in nursing
1. Staff offices, community based organization or medical associations need to educate foreign nurses about laws that define provision linguistics.
2. Policy makers should clearly explain that these legal provisions should be known and have very importance.
3. Health plan providers, foundations, organizations and policy makers need to experiment all the programs that are implemented in order to overcome linguistic and cultural barriers.
4. Identify trained volunteer translators that can teach language to foreign nurses.
5. Utilize trained interpreters and translators.
Drawbacks of language barriers in nursing:
Healthcare organizations face various obstacles if the foreign nurse is not eligible to speak or write language. Here are few drawbacks
- Patients are not able to get services, understand informed directives.
- Language barriers affect a lot on productivity of medical professionals.
- Frustration between patient and provider is maximized.
- Patient loses trust on hospital programs and staff.
There are scholarships for bilingual nurses available.